Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Midweek Confessions: Volume 1
Click on the button to join E in Midweek Confessions (she's seriously one of my favorite bloggers!).
* I still have 60% of my Christmas shopping to do. I haven't wrapped anything, and I am just now starting to care. I guess I had to get my paper and most of my grading out of the way before it mattered. I also need help getting Favorite's gift, so I'm going to have to get on that.
* I don't put up a Christmas tree, and nothing you say will make me sorry. Christmas happens at our house whether it's decorated or not.
* I just bought a nice sideboard to go in my kitchen/dining room area, and I'm really pumped about it. I'm actually embarrassed to share how excited I am to spend some of my break decorating my house or getting it more put together. I may actually put pictures on the walls. (In frames! With mats! In a prescribed layout!) I also have a little Pinterest project for my husband to complete. I know we've been in this house for a year, but it takes me a while to get to stuff. Does anyone else get ridiculously pumped about organization?
* I got a pregnancy announcement this week and I didn't cry. I was so proud of myself. I didn't even feel jealous (not lying). And that made me feel relieved.
* My brothers and their significant others will be home in just over a week, and I'm far more excited about that than any Christmas present I could open. Christmas just seems so homey to me.
* My husband and I are in a weight loss competition. So far, he's lost 8 lbs since Sunday. I've lost three that I gain back and lose and gain back and lose. Sometimes, being a girl sucks.