Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our Most Sincere Thanks

Well, I learned that cutesy doesn't always work with announcements.  I used the announcement picture on my blog to share our big news with friends, family and colleagues; however, I learned quickly that many of them didn't understand why I was moving when I just built a house last year?

So a lot of confusion ensued.  

In case others were confused, here's the big news:  Favorite and I are expecting a baby in late March.  When we told my niece, she said we should name the baby Navajo.  So, for now, that'll be the nickname I'll use here on the blog.

Right now, I need to tell you how grateful I have been for the texts, emails, comments, etc.  We feel so blessed to have the opportunity to walk this road, but it's and even bigger blessing to know this isn't just personal for us.  So many people have commented that they've been praying for us--more often than not, those people have been interceding on our behalf for years.  Years, ya'll.  How do you thank that kind of faithfulness?  It's humbling.  So, so very, bend-your-knees-to-the-only-One-who-could-have-ever-provided-this-kind-of-support humbling.  

People have hugged me.  Cried.  Screamed until I couldn't understand what they were saying.  Asked questions.  Jumped up and down.  They've stared at me in dumbfounded silence and breathed quick prayers of gratitude for our miracle.

Little Navajo is a miracle, yo.

I have a whole story about how we found out I was pregnant, and an even more amazing witness as to how far along I was during my first ultrasound, but I'll save that for another post.  For now, I need you to understand how very humbled and grateful I am for any type of support or encouragement that's been extended over the last seven and a half years.

You.Are.Incredible.

This summer as we completed our women's study in Nehemiah, my mom continued to point out that Nehemiah sought the Lord day and night for four months.  That's a minimum of 240 prayers.  And when I think of what went up on our behalf?  Sheesh.  Heaven must have been groaning under the weight of your burdens for us.

Prayer works.  It sustained us while we waited.  It carried us to this new part of life, and I believe it will sustain us there, too.  

From the bottom of our hearts.  Thank you.  A million times over.

Crys, Favorite, Little Navajo

4 comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Ha! I totally did not get the house picture but NOW I do and am super, duper excited for you!!!!

Yay!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Aww still so happy for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I love the nickname!

So happy for you both :*)

Established: 2008 said...

I LOVE this!