Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

The sun got up later than I did

My thoughts may be foggy because I've been up since 3 am in an attempt to have a bit of solidarity with the girls in my family. Yep, we went black friday shopping. Nope, I can't feel my legs. Thank you for asking.

Because my brain is obviously not working anymore, I won't take the time to post what has been in my head. Just wanted to jot down a brief preview as a reminder to myself, and anyone else who might be interested, regarding the thoughts that have been floating around inside my head for the last few days.

I've been thinking about relationships--what it means to be intimate (no, not in the sexual way) and the sacrifice that often requires. I've been thinking about teaching and what I have to give to my students and my classroom. I've been thinking about the purpose of education and what my kids need--not just for the future, but for today. Sometimes I wonder what is relevant to them--today and in the future. I occasionally forget how much I want to enjoy school and how difficult it can be to make it a meaningful and interesting experience for every single student. In the end, I've been thinking about how I want my students to think of me, and how I want to think of them. But all of that will come...

No comments: