Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Wednesday HodgePodge 1/9/12
1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
My first goal is to get our bedroom in order. There aren't a lot of disorganized things in there--just some spaces that need to be a bit more functional. Some of that will cost a bit of money so it may take until the end of 2013 to make it happen. I've already finished getting our closet together, and now I'm in the process of working on the small fixes that will make our bathroom a bit easier to keep clean.
My second goal is to make our yard look like a yard instead of a jungle. We plan to install a sidewalk this spring (YAY!) and then we can work toward landscaping, etc.
My third goal is to have a fully functioning nursery. I figure it will take a couple of months after Ryan is born to know what works for us, but I have high hopes. I'm trying to make sure everything has a space so organization is easier for all of us.
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
I don't think I've ever had to wear a uniform for a job? When I worked at the bank, we weren't allowed to wear anything denim so I guess that's the hardest it's ever been for me. Granted, it's easier to wear professional clothing when one can afford to purchase said clothing...
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'?
In an attempt to use my crockpot, I tried a recipe that was nothing but nasty mush. Normally, I can choke anything down. This, however, ended up in my garbage. I'm not even sure what went wrong.
I try to experiment, though. So it's not any surprise when things go awry from time to time.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
I hole up. Often, while in quarantine, I'll stew over things said and really get my feelings in a mess. Then, I find myself avoiding that person. It's not really the best method, but I guess it's effective.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I look like my father. When he was little, LilBro and I favored quite a bit, but the older he gets, the more he looks like BigBro. We all have the same smile, though.
In the past, people told me I favored my Aunt Ginger. I don't think this is so true anymore. And I've also been told I look like my Gramma Mays (though not nearly as much as my cousin Debbie).
Suffice it to say I resemble my dad's side of the family more than my mom's. In fact, if I go to a funeral without my mom, her more distant family members have no idea who I am. When I'm with her, they search my face to find some common traits, but I guess they come up fairly void.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
I believe in really hot baths and those are apparently unacceptable when one is expecting :( I love a good bath at the end of the day, though. It's a nice way to ease tension and reflect on the day (or read).
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans),Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), VeniceCarnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I know the point is to choose a festival and stick with it, but I'm not a fan of crowds. I'd probably avoid just about all of them just to avoid the vast numbers of people flocking to one area. The Sundance Film Festival does sound fun, though. If I could go in a protective bubble, I'd consider it :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My word for the year is peace so I'm trying to find it in the midst of creating six weeks of lesson plans for three different classes. I'm so grateful to be able to take maternity leave, but the work to get to that point is a bit daunting.
I also realized this morning that I am almost 29 weeks pregnant and still not as fat as I was when I started my weight loss journey last summer. It was a pretty encouraging discovery.