|The cake at my shower included a blanket that matches the chevron colors in the nursery.|
Size: Ryan is likely a little over 18 inches long and is almost 5 lbs--the size of an average cantalope.
|The sweet ladies from my church who threw this shower went all out.|
You ever feel like you've been blessed with people you don't deserve?
Me, too. (And I really don't look pregnant from the front--I just look
like I have a gut. Ha!)
|The CCL (who is sitting beside me) sews. Part of her gift included some really |
sentimental items. Then she cried and I refused to look at her so I wouldn't cry.
But among some of the really cool items was a wipes case with Ryan's initial.
|Two Bumbo seats are totally going to be blessing. We're keeping one|
at home, and Favorite suggested we keep the other one at the car. That
way, no matter where we are, Ryan will have some easy-to-transport gear.
|That hat? Is a crochet hat complete with Yoda ears. And my kid will wear it|
until I can no longer jam it on his little head. Oh, and there WILL be pictures.
|Favorite's Nanny hand-quilted a blanket for Ryan.|
|This is Favorite's Nanny.|
|Favorite even showed up for the end of the party to help load gifts and enjoy cake.|
And for those wondering: he's well on his way to losing all of his pregnancy weight :)
I have an admission to make that I may have denied in the past: I am a control freak. There. I said it. And when it comes to my classroom? I'm the worst kind of control freak. It's not that I think others are incapable; I just have a hard time investing in a group of kids and then leaving six weeks of lessons in someone else's hands--especially when I know everyone has his/her own style of approaching material.
Will it be worse than my approach? Probably not. My sub is a seasoned teacher who could run circles around me--particularly when it comes to teaching the writing process. But it's my classroom. You know?
So I'm praying I can just write general plans for each week, leave the information and let it go.
Oh, and I'm still praying Ryan does not choose to come early...
|We're hoping to instill a small amount of musical talent in him with cool presents|
like this activity mat. What baby doesn't want to kick at piano keys?
Oh, and Favorite moved us out of the trailer officially. I know that's not really pregnancy related, but now that Ryan's arrival is close, we both seem to feel the need to make our house as home-y as possible. It's weird how a baby has pushed us to organize things and build furniture (a kitchen table--thoughts to come) in order to feel as comfy and at-home as possible.
|Ryan's "bed" for the first 2-3 months.|
First on the list is washing clothes and diapers and organizing them in the closet. I've ordered some cloth-diaper-friendly detergent online and it should be here next week. That means closet organization starts next week. But I did want to show you some of the progress we've made. (This is for you, Aunt Sheena!)
|A starting point: changing table side of the room.|
|A starting point: crib side of the room.|
|Mom is working on bumper pads this week.|
|A better bedding shot.|
1. Some sort of glider. They are pretty expensive; Favorite and I are trying to determine what would work best for the space while maintaining our financial sense. (A $1200 chair is so not an option.)
2. A couple of tables. I haven't checked Goodwill yet, but we know we'll need a small table to put beside the glider for a lamp and other things as well as another table for the awesome, dragon humidifier and the super cute turtle night light.
3. The women who threw my shower also gave me some of the decorations. Favorite and I are going to hang a bouquet of chinese lanterns on one side of the room over the glider.
4. Decorations over the crib. I have no idea yet.
5. Book slings.
6. Something decorative for toy storage. In the future we'll have to develop something a little more substantial, but for now? Something decorative would be awesome.
7. Curtains. Mom and I have already discussed this issue, and we think we have a plan.
And that's about it for now. I should've taken a picture of my diaper bag that arrived this week, too, but I'm feeling lazy right now.
And completely excited for this new stage of life--well, when I finish feeling like I'm going to throw up over sub plans ;)