Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

In the [Almost] End

The grading is almost done.  Christmas shopping is half done (anyone know where you can find a monkey pillow pet/blanket?).  The semester is almost over.  Sheesh.  I should be really happy today, but I keep thinking about everything that has to happen over the next few weeks.  And then I keep thinking about the stuff for which we don't have time.

For example, our trailer now has a water leak.  The leak is somewhere after the water goes through the hot water heater because we are losing HOT water.  When you add this to the accidental hole in the ceiling and the crematorium, you see why we are so ready to move.

But the house doesn't have all the floors yet.  The cabinet guy is coming tomorrow, but we're also going to need toilets before we can move.  Yep...those are a bit of a necessity if you aren't an outdoors sort of girl (and I'm not).

My speech team kids are going to be upset with me, but I decided we wouldn't go to the tournament scheduled for Dec. 11.  I have some personal reasons for not going, but I'm not going to be able to explain those reasons to the kids and I genuinely feel badly for not taking them.  But I'm also afraid of putting too much on myself that day so maybe it's a good idea to stay home?  I don't know.  Those questions are so hard to answer any more.

But I have more day to go.  Maybe I'll be able to do a happier post this evening.  Maybe I won't get to post this evening since I'm steam-cleaning. 

Or maybe I'll enjoy steam-cleaning so much some sort of steam induced euphoria will take over my current demeanor.

PS.  I'd like to take some time off and just attend the Passion 2011 Event.  Wouldn't it be nice to let go for four days and spend all of your time learning about the Savior?  That sounds so relaxing to me at the moment.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I checked it out and concur.

Jan. 1-4 - Atlanta