Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

For Your Viewing Pleasure

This is a "just for fun" since today is going to be a l-o-n-g day for me (Parent/teacher conferences followed by Freshman Orientation).  I'll add a linky at the bottom in case you want to participate, and I highly encourage you to visit Andrea's blog, since she started this particular meme.  (She didn't offer a linky.)

I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments. What do you pick?

Produce: Bell peppers (orange/yellow/red)
Bakery: Crusty French bread
Meat: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Frozen Foods: mixed veggies
Dairy: Half & Half
 
Let's say we're heading out for a weekend getaway. You're only allowed to bring 3 articles of clothing with you. So, what's in your bag?

Who can survive on three articles of clothing?  Currently, I'm wearing six (not including socks)!  *sigh*  I guess two pairs of underwear and a dress.  I can refashion the things I was already wearing.

If I was to listen in on your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?
  • "Garbage!"
  • "Butts in chairs!"
  • "Barky, outside?"
  • "What are your questions?"
  • "I'm starving."
What three things do you find yourself doing every single day? What things would put you in a bad mood if you didn’t get to do them?

Every day I hit the snooze button.  (I would be pretty grouchy if I didn't get to hit it at least twice!) I also eat my breakfast at my desk (fridge oatmeal), and drink tea with half & half every.single.morning.  It gets me ready for the day.

At the end of the day, I wash my face, and read before I go to sleep.  I get pretty grouchy if I can't read before bed.

If you had a three hour block where no one was around, what 5 things might we find you doing?
  1. Grading (it never seems to end)
  2. Browsing Pinterest (it's become an obsession)
  3. Reading
  4. Watching DVRed episodes of Suburgatory, GCB or Once Upon a Time
  5. Reading
You are headed to the zoo, but it looks like it might start raining. What three exhibits do you rush to see first?

My favorite part of the zoo is wandering around outside.  I don't like to look at anything in particular.  I just like meandering and seeing different things.  (Favorite and I visit the zoo every time we're in a certain city.  We love to walk around and be together.)

What four (live) television shows do you wish would gift you free tickets?
  1. Live! with Kelly (though I would miss Regis)
  2. The Voice
  3. I don't watch enough television...
  4. to be able to fill these last slots.  (And I'm not a fan of reality TV.)
If someone offered to buy you a triple dipper ice cream cone, what three flavors would you choose?

I’d pick rocky road, chocolate and pralines & cream.

Imagine you lost your purse at a retail store. When you go to pick it up, the cashier asks you to name five things that are inside it to prove it is yours. What do you say?
  1. Stretchy key ring with one key on it.
  2. Orange zipper pouch with tons of medicine inside.
  3. Nook (with a zigzag pattern in various blues)
  4. Vera Bradley bag with various odds and ends.
  5. Red notebook with a pencil.
Imagine you are at a job fair. You’re asked what careers you would like to pursue. Assuming you had the talents for said careers, how would you respond? (List four.)
  1. Teacher (which is what I do now)
  2. Book Editor (I'd probably need several more grammar classes)
  3. Cool Hunter
  4. Stay At Home Mom (only because I can't think of anything else...)

If you could speak with your 16 year old self, what four things would you say?

1.  Running is awesome.  Learn to love it, because it will ward off several problems in the future.
2.  Fresh food is so much better for you.  Quit eating McDonald's.
3.  You're in for a future full of waiting.  Quit believing that means that nothing is happening in your life and learn to enjoy the moment.
4.  People will come and people will go, but your family will always be your family.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh! I totally read this in my RSS feeder and didn't realize it was a link up. Then I saw your last post and was like whoah what?? I will get on this! I love link ups :)