Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

His Work--Not Mine

This morning, Alan Milligan told a group at sponsor's hour to be wary of our expectations as this group of kids goes through flight #22 of Chrysalis. It was a reminder that this weekend is, in fact, God's work. It reminded me that He who begins a good work will continue it until the day of completion, but that good work doesn't necessarily fall into our own timelines.

It's been 10 years since my Chrysalis flight--almost 20 flights ago. Alan's thoughts put that experience into perspective, because, ten years later, there is still a lot of heavy construction taking place in my life. I'm sure there are others who feel the exact same way. But that Chrysalis experience certainly impressed a number of things into my heart. Sometimes I just marvel that it would take this long for some of those moulds to set...maybe some of them still aren't.

I guess the point remains: His work--in spite of our expectations.

No comments: