Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Simplicity

Due to what we are calling inclement weather, Chris didn't have to go to work yesterday. It was actually pretty awesome to have him home--something I'm not used to since his only days off right now are Monday and Tuesday, and I pretty well always have to work on those days.

We didn't do anything interesting. We went out to eat, bought some movies to watch (The Invention of Lying--thought it would be funny; found it insulting) and just spent some time together in general. I forget how funny he is sometimes. Case and point: we passed the people who were protesting the war in Iraq along a street in Carbondale. Chris suggested we stand across the street with a sign that read "We LOVE war...let's invade Canada and take over!" I assured him that there was no need to be incendiary, but he was already in full plan mode by then. He and Ronnie were making plans to take a few other countries by the end of the day.

I guess it doesn't sound exciting at all, but these are the days I love the best. Yes, we do annoy the garbage out of each other after a long period of time, but there's no one in the world who makes me laugh the way he does. I just love the simplicity of us. Reminds me how nice it is to be uncomplicated (not that everything is).

Tomorrow I have a speech meeting about the regional tournament in Harrisburg (boo!) and my mom's birthday (she's 55...and doesn't look it). Just thought I'd mention that so I can say Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you :) Here's to another great year...

No comments: