Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Birthday: My Wish

I realize it's really unlike me to post twice in one day, but I was feeling good and avoiding laundry ;)

Just kidding...sorta.  I really just wanted to take this opportunity to share a few things with those of you who wondered what it is I might enjoy for my birthday this year.  Frankly, I don't have a lot of wants, but I thought I could share a few things for those of you who would be interested.


Have I mentioned that I would like a cookie cake with icing in the middle and another cookie on top of it for my birthday?  No?  Well, take a look at the picture.  This is totally what I want.

On a side note (for those of you who think I'm nuts about now), the diet I've been on completely cuts out carbs, sugar, etc.  I figured since it's my birthday (and the big three-oh), I should be able to eat what I want.  Well, this is what I want.  Make it happen.


I've also been staring pretty hard at this little momma.  This would be the Coach Sydney purse that I fell in love with the first time I saw it.  Don't get your panties in a ruffle--I'm not expecting anything here.  The purse is, after all, $800.  I would be afraid to take it out in public...or I would make everyone in public appreciate the gloriousness of this beautiful piece of handbag majesty.  (I like purses.  What can I say?)


On a real note, I'd like a new backpack/messenger bag.  My Swiss Army backpack has held up really well, but I'd like to graduate to something a little more professional looking.  This is the SwissGear Saturn. 

It looks roomy enough to hold a variety of grading as well as my laptop, iPod, etc.  I think I'll have enough room to tote myself to and from school.


I don't watch a ton of television (even though my set is always on).  I generally use it as white noise when I'm home alone because Chris works evenings.  But there are a few shows I like, and some I'm sorry I missed.  I love Debra Messing (because I think she's beautiful and I loved her article in Shape about losing her baby weight).  That said, I'd like to watch The Starter Wife...and so far, I think there's only one season.


I'm always cool with Barnes and Noble gift cards because I read a lot.  A.  LOT.  During the summer, it's one of the things I love to do the most.  I don't get a lot of time to read stuff during the school year, and there's nothing I love more than settling down with a good book.  I like to read fiction and non-fiction, fantasy and science fiction, and I would never turn down a good children's book (or YA).

For those of you feeling particularly ambitious, I'd like to look like this for my birthday:

I wish you luck.

In little items, there's a magnetic necklace at Hallmark that holds charms.  I'd like one with a yellow gem inside it (or maybe 3 yellow gems...or 2...just whatever.  I don't particularly care for anything other than the little rhinestones, though).  I also like shoes, so gift cards to Macys or Penneys are always options.  I like Vera Bradley, but I'm not sure there's anything of hers I want at this point in time.

I'm also interested in this:

I'd prefer to have a leather one as opposed to a hardcover (in case you were wondering).

I'm sure there are other things that would make me equally as happy.  Feel free to try your hand--I'm not hard to please.

But I'd mostly prefer to have my friends and family hang out in the pool and have a good time.  You are more than invited on Sunday afternoon, July 4th to float, sit and eat with the best of us.

And, to make my older brother happy, yes, I realize I'm turning 30.  I'll have more to say about that at a later date.

No comments: