Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Awestruck

The little, white box I type in here often does nothing for my creative thought.  It's actually pretty stifling.  There are times when I'm so excited about something I want to share, but I have no idea how to organize those thoughts, and, since I'm not having a face-to-face conversation with anyone, I'm always afraid that what I'm saying isn't going to translate.

But right now, I don't really care.

I am overwhelmed with God.  Completely and totally.  I want you to know how good He has been to me...to my church...to my prayer group women.  I shared recently that I've been praying Ephesians 3:20-21 for this season of my life.  Not only do I feel that God has been "immeasurably and abundantly more" than I could've possibly imagined, I love that He has overflowed into the lives of the people in my church.

I struggle so hard with certain things in my life.  I'm not alone.  Many people we touch on a daily basis are facing struggles that they feel they won't survive.  But the joy in those situations is that Christ can and will speak restoration to our hearts.  As Selah sings, "When anything that's shattered is laid before the Lord, it will not be unredeemed."  I am so thankful for redeeming grace and restoration.

And it doesn't end with restoration.  Christ rejoices in our redeemed and restored hearts.  How could I be anything but thankful? 

Has anything super miraculous happened in my life recently?  Outside of a realization of God's perfect grace?  Not really.  But I can believe that miracles will happen.  I can believe that there is more restoration to come.  I can believe that God is going to do more than I could ever conceive.

Actually, I take that back.  It's pretty miraculous that God is willing to answer my prayers for a regular reminder to trust Him.  I'm thankful He is present and guides me when I'm willing to listen.  I'm overwhelmed with who he is and what He will be.

Basically, I'm just amazed. 

"The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing"
Zephaniah 3:17

1 comment:

Nanny said...

First: Love the Blog! Second:Note to self... (Nanny..always get up and get glasses on before reading!)Why you might ask....well as I was reading the very first line of your blog...The little wine box I type in here often does nothing for my creative thought....Nanny said allowed..."Well Crystal I should think not"...hahaha....read the rest and pondered the wine issue you seem to be relating to....hahaha...got up for glasses and tissue...reread....with glasses on...and...the rest is history!!!! Hahahaha...Gentile reminder to self...(Never believe what you read without 20/20 vision...and Crystal is not a wino!!!!) Love ya sweetie!!!!