Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Guess-What-I-Saw-Friday: Offspring Edition

Let me begin by stating that I really do hate the word "hubby."  I'm not sure how that's what I came to call my beloved on here (hm...beloved sounds a little hokey for us.  How about Sparky instead?  That's more me).  So, in the future, I will refer to him by the name I call him when we are in the car--Favorite.

I have come to love Fridays, because Favorite and I have made an effort to go to breakfast together every Friday morning.  We've done this for the past few weeks, and it's really nice to have time out of the house just to hang out. 

We've been going to Cracker Barrell, and it's the only day of the week I eat a few carbs (bran muffin). 

Favorite makes fun of me for choosing the same places every time, but I think he should be excited that we get to spend time together.

During the school year, Favorite and I work opposite schedules.  I try to get in my classroom by 7:15 am and he leaves to go to work around 2 pm.  We get about two days a week together--and those are usually days that I have to work.

So I actually think it's kinda nice that I want to go to breakfast with you, Favorite.  Think of this as the time where we don't get on each other's nerves or choose housing items that are ridiculously expensive.

And sorry about the poor quality of the picture.  I wish the exposure was better because it really is a good picture of him (no silly hat or anything!).

This week, my guess-what-I-saw should actually be guess-WHO-I-saw.  Favorite and I had the opportunity to eat lunch with his best buddy from high school (and his family).  We haven't really had time to hang out since P (best friend) and B (best friend's wife) both have very demanding jobs and live away from here.  It's the first time we've really gotten to spend time together since they got married.

We did get to meet this little guy.  He's getting ready to turn 2, and it was our first meeting.

He was a little apprehensive about us at first.  He mostly wanted to walk around the restaurant--although he did enjoy the present Favorite and I got him (a dump truck--what little boy doesn't love big trucks?!).

The fun part was that he would always grin and show his teeth AFTER the picture.  So I have lots of mental images of him smiling, but none actually made it on to my camera.

The kid DOES love his food, though. I wanted to include this picture, because it was taken through the steam my fajitas were generating. Isn't that crazy?


And he LOVES sour cream.    When the food came, he sat and ate just like a little man.  He was seriously the most well behaved two year old I've ever had the pleasure of eating with.

Favorite, of course, was pumped to spend time talking to P.  They used to sit and hang out pretty much every night--and I have to credit B with the first couple of creative dates Favorite took me on.  You could say that they are part of the reason we are together today :)

Favorite would never admit it, but I know how much he misses his buddy.  Sometimes it sucks to grow up.

I was shocked that this little guy favored his father so much.  B has a much darker complexion (she's beautiful even AFTER birthing a child.  Some people have all the luck), but this little guy has the blondest hair and bluest eyes I've seen--just like his daddy.


You would've loved his little sour cream covered face, too :)

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends"
                                           --(John 15:13).

No comments: