Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The post where I talk about a lot of topics that aren't really related and make no attempt to make them relate (wait...pretty much every post...crap)

Whoever said opposites attract was likely referring to more than looks, but I always marvel at how crazy we must look together.

Favorite looks like your local hispanic male.  I look like the most recent albino escapee from some Nordic island (with the exception of the green eyes).

In this particular picture, we were at a hibachi grill to celebrate Lil bro's girlfriend's birthday.

Do you remember Sparkles?  Well, I've decided that a different name would suit her better.  Therefore, I shall refer to her as Nutmeg.
This was right before the nice ladies sang her a "Happy Japanese song" and made her dance. 

Frankly, I'm not sure what a sad Japanese song sounds like.  Or an overwhelmed Japanese song.  But if they all involve instruments, we should probably be thankful they chose the one they did.

Happy birthday, Nutmeg.

In other news, the contractor has been working on my house so there are a variety of new images for your viewing pleasure on that front.

This is what they had done by the end of the day yesterday.

I'll admit; it was pretty cool to see all the equipment show up and to see how much progress these guys have made in just two days.

The scary part?  Some bills are starting to come in, and Favorite hyperventilates every time we have to pay one.  I keep reminding him that we can afford this, but I think it's something about letting go of that much money at once.

Don't tell him, but sometimes it makes me a little nervous, too.

Today, the work crew managed to get part of my upstairs floor down.  It's so crazy to see it come together.

You know when you dream about something for so long and then you finally see that dream coming true before your very eyes?  Yeah.  It feels a little like that.

I keep commenting that the space doesn't seem very big to me (because I'm spatially challenged).  In all actuality, the top floor is 1800 sq. feet (and then there's the full basement).  Those numbers mean nothing to me, though.

My first indication that this space was mightly large?  The cabinet guy called.  He gave us a great deal on cabinets, but informed me that my kitchen would have 18 feet of kitchen cabinets not including my 11 foot island.  Please don't think I'm trying to brag.  When I read that, you could've knocked me over with a feather.

Then you would've had to rent a hot-air balloon to pull me out of the sky.  I was on cloud 9.

 But big space or no, I don't want you to think that I'm not grateful for this opportunity.

I feel so blessed that Favorite and I have been given the means to do this.  I pray we use what we've been given to glorify our Savior.

Keep praying for us...we've got so much more to go!
"If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am
I denounced because of something I thank God for?
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do,
do it all for the glory of God"
                                     (1 Corinthians 10:30-31).

No comments: