Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Brief Updates and a Reason to Share

First of all, I want to thank all of you for the comments and emails regarding the facebook decision.  Like many of you, I enjoy looking at pictures and keeping up with friends I no longer see.  What I failed to realize was the fact that facebook's negatives far outweighed the positives.  I just didn't want to see it.  So here I am, my first official facebook-less day.  And I'm still breathing.

It can be done.

__________

House update:  The plumbing is finished (for the most part).  Favorite is in the process of getting the Pex system together (You can ask me about it, but I'm not going to be able to tell you much.  My job is this process is anything that equals pretty.  Pex is not on the list). 

I'm so thankful for Favorite's dedication to this project.  He works all morning on the house and then gets ready and heads to his real job.  He deserves a whole lot more than what he got in me.  Guess that means I'd better provide some awesome meals when I get that awesome, new kitchen, eh?

__________

If you've been reading very long, you would know that I started this blog with the intention of chronicling my weight loss journey.  Since it was more like a weight loss drive-thru followed very quickly by a fall off the wagon due to a medical diagnosis, I obviously haven't kept up with that commitment.  Recently, however, I've been contemplating re-joining Weight Watchers.  I have a difficult time reminding myself that this decision really isn't about weight so much as it is about doing something that requires me to eat in a healthy manner.  And while I'm a smart girl, I'm not really all that great at this particular task.  I'm interested to hear what you think, so feel free to share.

Other things I'd like to know:  Your favorite scriptures.  I've shared of few of mine on here, but I find encouragement in reading your stories and your favorite scriptures.  It gives insight into who you are as a person and your personal encounters with our Deliverer.  And nothing says encouragement like a good dose of Bible.

Share away...

No comments: