Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I do miss you but I've been busy.

Tonight is official laundry night.  I have water again, and the trailer is not currently collapsing with some other issue.  In fact, Fave even managed to light the pilot light and now I have heat.  Good news since I like feeling my toes.

How's your week been?  Because I don't feel like I've had much time to relax.  I had dinner with a friend yesterday (which was actually really nice), but I stayed in my classroom until 5:45 pm and graded.  It didn't make much sense to go home when I was meeting her at 6, but three straight hours of grading papers might have been a little much.

But has the stack in my basket diminished, you ask?  Nope.  Still a lot to go.  Not that I'm complaining.  I don't mind grading; I just hate feeling behind.  Since I haven't had a lot of parents sign up for parent/teacher conferences, I will probably spend my time doing that.  *sigh*

The good news is that I get off at noon on Friday and we are heading up to the Lou for the lil' bro's new life adventure.  I'm really happy for him and his new job, but I'm going to miss the booger.  I'm used to having him around for various outings.  But now he's got his own apartment and a new job with an Air Force Base.

Saturday, Fave and I have to head to the closest Lumber Liquidators so we can check out some flooring.  Needless to say, it's going to be a busy weekend.

And during that busy weekend, my mind works and worries.  Pray that I can rest and relax and enjoy the time with my family.  Pray for my mouth during parent/teacher conferences.

PS.  Today at the gas station, I heard a kid call his mom awful names.  It just disturbed me.  She didn't even bat an eyelash.  Is it any wonder that crazy behavior seems to be the norm for students these days?

No comments: