Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Thankful Heart

Have you ever had one of those days where you just looked around and realized how well you have it?  I had one of those days today.

I realized how blessed I am to have a job I enjoy.  I truly do.  I find some weird sense of satisfaction in hearing kids say "I get it" or "Hey, this is interesting."  I like discussing things with them because I think so much great learning comes from discussion.  I've been willing to discuss everything from sports (which I know little about) to movies to literature.  Sometimes the kids are shocked to learn there is a book that goes along with the movie; although, they're rarely surprised to hear the book is better.  They tell me it's almost always that way.

I realized how blessed I am to have Favorite.  We work opposite shifts, so I don't see him a lot during the week.  Most of the time, I have a lot of things to occupy my attention.  But tonight, on my way home from parent/teacher conferences (which went find, by the way), I realized how much I missed him.  It was a tangible ache.  I realized how much I love him and all the great things he brings to my life--and I'm not just talking about new houses, etc.  I mean, the companionship and pleasure he brings to my life.  I truly enjoy his company.

I realized how blessed Chris and I are to be in the financial position we are in.  The Lord has truly given us so much.  Sometimes, I forget how very blessed we are.

Mostly, it's nice to know that when things aren't going my way, I still have ample blessings to consider.

No comments: