Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Dancing Queen SugarBean

SugarBean is my niece, and she just recently turned 5 years old.  Every time I see her, I'm shocked at how tall she is and her amazing grasp of language.  She is constantly asking questions and learning how things fit--particularly as they relate to her.

Yesterday, she came over...so I thought I'd give you a glimpse into a few Bean-isms.

Her Pre-K group went to visit a place called Giant City Park.

Bubby (Favorite):  Where is your class picnic?

SB:  Somewhere they called the Big City Park.

Bubby:  The big city park?  What big city are you going to?

Mother-in-law:  They're going to GIANT City.

She gets synonyms, people.

Then...she saw a picture of a boy hanging on my fridge.

SB:  Who is that kid in the picture?

Me:  Oh, him?  That's Carlos.  Bubby (my favorite) and I send him money so he and his family can live.  He's from Haiti.  *Cue confused look from SB*  He's from another country.

SB:  China?

There you have it folks.  Apparently the only other country in the world is China.

Then we danced like fools in the living room.  According to SugarBean, her favorite band right now is the Black Eyed Peas so we cut a rug to "I've Got A Feeling."  I think she was shocked that her Bubby and I would dance like fools in the middle of the living room.

I taught her to head bang and play air guitar.  She's a pro.

But after we took her home, I thought about how good I felt just hanging out with her.  It makes me wonder how I would feel if I just danced in my living room and did a little air guitar/head banging of my own from time to time.

PS.  I should also mention that she helped Bubby set traps for the "muskcraps" in our pond.  I sure hope we get rid of those muskcraps.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I think we all need a little more SugarBean moments in our lives. We can play some air guitar tonight if you like, but something tells me it just isn't the same without her! ;-)