Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wicket: In Loving Memory

Yesterday, our family dog died.

We got Wicket when I was about 19.  He was the sweetest puppy you could possibly imagine, and even resembled his namesake in puppyhood.

When Favorite and I got married, I was so upset about leaving Wicket at my Mom and Dad's that Favorite bought Barky.  That's how I ended up with my very own tiny shih tzu.

Of course, tiny has always been a joke.  Wicket wasn't supposed to be over 10 lbs.  So when he reached his massive 20 lb state, we were a little shocked that our "tiny, little shih tzu" might have actually been a giant.

He died in my dad's arms yesterday.  And while I'm really sad that it was time for Wicket to leave, I just can't help asking:  when do cycles like this end?

3 comments:

Armanda said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Wicket.

Unknown said...

It's so sad when a pet passes away :(

Pissedoffteacher said...

Sorry to hear about your loss.