Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

An Ode to Blogging

I've become rather attached to the whole idea of this blog.  The funny thing about isolation is that there are few opportunities to share your heart in order to work through where you are.  And while we all need a little time alone to process, I think there is something to be said for sharing our hearts.  Maybe it's so we don't lose ourselves in the process.

Blogging has given me the opportunity to share my heart--good, bad or indifferent.  I try to write like I'm having a personal conversation with someone who really cares about where I am or what I'm doing, but I have to be honest:  I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that there are people who read.  And then I feel like I should apologize to you for my lack of content here.

I guess until I process whatever lesson I'm supposed to be learning through my current life circumstances, I'll probably cycle through the same sorts of thoughts.  I DO wonder so many things on a daily basis.  Many of them are weight and mommy related.  But sometimes I wonder how useful I am in a lot of arenas.

Oddly enough, one of those arenas is the house.  I am not constructionally inclined in any way.  But this summer, I've decided I'm going to change that.  I'm going to learn to lay patio stone.  I'm going to learn to lay flagstone.  I'm going to try to ensure that we have a patio at our basement walk out and a sidewalk to get to our front door.

And I'm hoping that will make me feel like I can contribute.  Or that it will make my arms significantly less flabby?

I'm sure I'll blog through the process.

No comments: