Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The First of the Birthday Posts: A Question

My birthday is less than a month away, so it's (of course) time for the first of the birthday posts.

Actually, this post is really more of a question for those of you out there who are undoubtedly more intelligent (or maybe just more dedicated) than I am.

I told Favorite I would like a new camera for my birthday.  I have a FujiFilm Finepix I got a couple of years ago; however, the pictures have started to get a bit blurry.  I just don't feel like I get the clear image I'm looking for.  So here are a few things that interest me:

*  I want a point and shoot.  I am not a professional photographer and have no desire to set up photo sessions for the general public.  I like to take pictures of outings with my friends and I want to carry my camera in my purse and catch things that interest me.

*  I want nice pictures.  Again, I'm not a professional, but I do want the pictures to have a sense of quality--crisp and clear.  I realize that the camera doesn't frame the image (translation:  I know I'm photography-challenged) but cameras are capable of producing something that looks nice if the numb-nuts taking the picture ever manages to happen upon a great shot.  I'd like one of those cameras.

*  I want something that offers a bit of versatility in case I ever decide I may want to look into this camera thing a little deeper.  I doubt I will, but we demand like options around my house.

Right now, I'm looking that this beauty:


Feel free to offer suggestions or comment on this pick.  I need a bit of input to determine what's going to be the most useful choice in the long run.

3 comments:

Sheena said...

Consider the amount of space it will take up in your purse. You still need to borrow mine for a couple of days.

Armanda said...

I have a Canon PowerShot A1100 IS. The one you posted is a little fancier than mine but I have been pleased with picture quality of mine. So I would imagine this one would be even better. Of course I'm not the camera guru in my family, that would be sis and BIL.

Julie Lewis said...

Check with Tina Vancil....she bought one before she went to Italy and apparently it took the best pics and also does panorama shots. Good luck!! Are you ever interested in meeting at the city pool to swim laps? That's been one of my workouts and I know you like water too. Always looking for someone else to help hold me accountable!