Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thought Provoking Thursdays, 6/30

 
Thought Provoking Thursday button

Click the picture to join Sheena @ Sing! for Thought Provoking Thursday :)


1. What is the difference between living and existing?
 
I'd like to say something really profound here, but I think the truth is probably chocolate cake.
 
HA!  Kidding.  Only kidding.
 
Recent events have taught me that it's possible to simply exist--survive might be a better term--but living requires involvement that isn't just going through the motions.  For me, that honest difference was Jesus, and I don't mean that in the cliched "Jee-Zhuh-sss" way tele-evangelists seem to use it.  He didn't just leave me going through the motions.

2. What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget?
 
Gosh.  That's difficult to narrow down, because there have been so many--especially recently.  People have gone to bat for me in the strangest of ways in the last few months...but one simple one that warms my heart is a hug I get from a little girl at church Every.  Single.  Sunday.  She never forgets me.  It's a reminder that I matter.  And I love her for it.

3. Do you see to believe or believe to see?
 
For you?  I believe to see.  For me, I generally like a little more visible evidence.
 
But part of being an effective teacher is believing in something you can't see and knowing it will come about.  So I would consider myself  someone who sits in the middle and leans toward the latter more often than not.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I used my fear of failing as an example of a time when I was existing, but I agree that sometimes we are simply in survival mode and Jee-Zhuh-sss (and that's how I am going to start spelling His name) really is the only difference.

So honored to call you friend. Thanks for linking up.