Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Wednesday Hodgepodge 6/1
1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
--I have never been to DC, and while it probably makes me a horrible person, I'm not really interested. Favorite and I have big dreams of going to Europe and Mexico. We technically have enough money in savings to go to Mexico this summer, but we're being responsible and putting some money away for a rainy day. Well, and hoping to look better on the beach at a later date? Mostly, we just want to travel.
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding?
--I was a spring bride--May, as a matter of fact. It was a beautiful ceremony--mostly because my husband cried when he saw me and I can't ever remember smiling so big in my life. It was just one of those moments when I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I was doing the right thing.
So far, there are no summer weddings on my calendar, but we're gearing up for an awesome October wedding. Rest assured, my speech is going to be amazing.
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
--Mashed with pie crust. Is there another way? Oh, and don't tell me those nasty sponge cakes from Walmart. Blech.
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?
--Time. Time to relax. Time to be. Time to focus on my house and my husband. Time to hang out with friends. Time to laugh. Time to spend with my Savior. I think it's just time to have a little peace. Oh, and I'll be doing my own little study--Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore.
5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store?
--My dad constantly reminds me that those machines took someone's job. So most of the time, I try to avoid them. (But sometimes I'm in a really big hurry. Please don't be disappointed.)
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.
--Don't share horrible things about your significant other with your friends, because someday you'll get over it. Unfortunately, they will always remember the things you shared that likely should've been private.
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your first choice for summertime?
--Barefoot. Flip flops are a close second.
8. Curriculum redevelopment begins today. And when I'm done, I'll probably purchase that desk online that I pictured in my blog before. I really like it, and I haven't found anything in a good price range that I like better--and believe me, I've looked. Now I'm down to finding a desktop caddy I like that's affordable.