Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Wednesday Hodgepodge 6/8
1. Do you and your family enjoy camping? What do you enjoy most/like the least when it comes to family camping? When was the last time you camped?
When I describe myself, I never use the word outdoorsy. There's a reason. I have curly hair and albino skin. Both things thrive in air conditioning and electricity. But camping? Is a different story for some reason. I think it's because everyone looks bad (lol). Honestly, though, I love spending a couple of nights in tents and cooking our food over the campfire and spending the day at the lake. I wish it was something we did on a regular basis, but we haven't really camped in forever.
2. Did you attend a summer camp when you were a kid? Is that a happy or not so happy memory?
I didn't like being away from home so I never went to summer camp. Actually, even now, I'm weird with being away from home.
3. Over the course of your life, what have you probably spent more time pondering than anything else?
I ponder why I am not naturally thin and tall.
I wish I could tell you that I've spent my time on something more profound.
And now I'm a little ashamed of myself. But it is honestly something that has frustrated me pretty much my whole life. I've always been weight conscious and have never really been thin.
4. Which of the seven natural wonders of the world would you most like to see? There are many lists of 'wonders' but this is the standard natural wonder list-Mount Everest, The Great Barrier Reef, The Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, The Harbor of Rio de Janerio, Paricutan Volcano and The Northern Lights.
I think The Great Barrier Reef. I've always been drawn to water, but water teeming with life in abundance? I'm on board. Or submerged.
5. What was your first real job?
Outside of babysitting, I was a type setter for a local newspaper office. When I was interviewed, I lied about how fast I could type so I would get the job. That bit me in the rear end when the only other type setter went on vacation and I was left typing the entire paper by myself. So I learned. Fast. No pun intended.
6. Lemonade or Sweet tea...which do you prefer on a hot summer day?
Actually, I take my tea without sugar. But I'll be honest: I'm more likely to drink a hot cup of coffee--even when it's blazing outside. Some habits die hard.
7. What is something that always brings a smile to your face?
Baby laughs. Nothing seems quite as free as a little kid just busting out in laughter. But friends and family also make me smile. And the possibility of hope. Yeah. That makes me smile.
8. I think I may actually find furniture for my front room soon. I've seen several things I enjoy--just not entirely sure I want brown leather...even though it would look great in the room. I wanted something with a little more color. But I could always do that with blankets and pillows, right?
Oh, and I'm looking for a desk chair. I tried to bribe my brother out of his to no avail. So back to the drawing board :)