Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Prayer For Emily

I never want to get so involved in blogging that I forget there are real people in my real life who need me and my attention.  (It's one of the major reasons I no longer have facebook.)  In fact, this summer, I've been trying to be more open to get to know certain people. 

But sometimes I'm reminded that prayer really does span distance.  Sometimes there are people desperate for our prayers...our support...our love.  And isn't that what Christianity is all about?  Spanning distances and uniting ourselves under a common banner?

Emily is a little girl who lives in Britain.  She has recently decided to forgo all treatment for her cancer as nothing has been effective to this point.  She is 16 years old, and my high school teacher heart just breaks to think what she has ahead of her--the life I always want to believe she should get to live.

Then she posted this, and I realized that some people are faithful and brave.  I envy her for those things.

But right now, I believe she could use prayer, and maybe a little encouragement.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am a follower of Emily's. She is such a brave girl. My prayers are that God will bring her a miracle.