Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Prayer Monday, 7/11


I've been thinking a lot about something Paul says in the New Testament:  "For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it" (Romans 7:19-20).

There are a lot of things I don't want, and there's nothing more frustrating than finding myself doing those things anyway.

I hate it.  Hate it.  And I don't know how to ask you to pray for it.  But I know you're creative so I'm trusting in your prayer creativity.  I don't want to be a mean person.  I don't want to be bitter.  I don't want a thousand other things.  Pray for those things.

I am also praying for several cancer-related situations that have my heart really concerned.  Also, my brother has a job interview this week so I'd like that you would pray God's will for him.

And please keep praying for my Favorite.  Always pray for him.

Prayer matters, right?

3 comments:

Armanda said...

I think we all find ourselves doing this at times. I believe the fact you even recognize this as a problem shows that you have a heart for God.

I am praying that when you find yourself doing these things that God will open your eyes to it immediately and stop you in your tracks. I pray that even as the thought forms of doing something you don't want to do that God will speak and give you the strength to not do it. I have also prayed over your other concerns.

Sheena said...

God, help Crystal to not be a meanie.

No, seriously-I get it and I AM praying and thanks for your prayers for us this week.

Katie said...

I'd love to pretend that I don't have any idea what you are talking about, but, well....you know...I know exactly what you are saying.

I am praying that God will help you weed out those areas in your life.