Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thought Provoking Thursdays 7/21/2011

KELLY'S KORNER: 
I very stupidly posted the wrong link. 
Click here to get my marriage advice.

Thought Provoking Thursday button-150x150

Join us at Sing! Answer the questions on your blog then link up.

1. WHAT do you love?
I love the moment when you find yourself completely immersed in a good book and you become a part of the action--so much that you're a little sad when it's over.

I love sleeping "hard"--you know, when a middle of the day nap was almost exercise because you woke up groggy and refreshed.

I love water.

And, I love the power of possibility.

2. What makes you uncomfortable?
I don't like it when people look at me for too long.  Staring is completely and totally awkward, and often unwarranted.  And while this may invoke a "Stop Looking at me, Swan!" moment, I'm no Adam Sandler and I'm not trying to be funny.  Stop.  Looking.  At.  Me.

People who laugh or whisper right after you make eye contact with them or enter a room, etc.  I mean, seriously?

It makes me uncomfortable to think I may not be a good ambassador for a Christ I really believe.  It's uncomfortable and difficult to find a way to say, "I love you, but this is wrong."  Particularly when you yourself are not sinless.

Any event where I'm going to run into people I haven't seen in a while.  They may not say it, but my weight gain is always on my mind.  And in the same vein, any time I'm in front of people long enough for them to assess the size of my thighs.  See "staring."


3. What do you think about when you lie awake in bed?
I used to look at the clock and count the number of hours I had left to sleep.  During the school year, I'm sure I'll go back to doing that again.

Other nights, I tailor my thoughts with the concerns of the day.  Often, I think about where each member of my family may be, because I'm the weird girl who has to know where everyone is in order to be comfortable.

1 comment: