Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge 4/20--With Bunny Ears

1. What are your plans for Easter Day/weekend?

Actually, I have no idea.  I know that I'll probably sleep in on Friday and there is lesson planning to be done on Friday or Monday for the coming week.  Oh, and there's laundry to do, and I really need to mop the floors.  Since I'm on this South Beach Diet thingy, I'll probably have to cook some for the coming week.


Oh.  I guess it appears as though I've already filled my weekend.


2. Besides Jesus, what one person from The Bible would you most like to meet and why?

Enoch.  I want to know what kind of person he was before the Lord took him.  He must've been wonderful.

3. What is one modern day convenience you didn't have as a child that was easy to live without?

Cell phones.  Don't get me wrong; there is a certain convenience to having a cell phone, but all in all, I don't recall my childhood being ruined by my inability to text "lol" to my friends at regular intervals.  And frankly, I don't need to talk to everyone to recap my day.  Most of the time, I don't like to talk on the phone, but I feel obligated to keep my cell around in case something goes wrong.

4. Are you more right brained or left brained? If you don't know what that means there is an interesting little quiz here

I am  right brained; however, there are some skills I have acquired on the job that have significantly upped my left brained score.  So while I am pretty consistently right brained, I still like organization in the classroom and have developed skills to cope there.

In the past, I would've told you right brained whole hog.  I'm even left-handed!

5. What is something you intended to do today but didn't? Why?


I intended to put on foundation so I wouldn't look as scary when I went to work.  I didn't because it afforded me another 15 minutes of sleep this morning.  (I didn't really do my hair either.  Welcome to pony-tail-land.)

6. Cadbury Creme Eggs or Reeses peanut butter?

I had a really, really bad experience with peanut butter, so outside of crazy cravings (which almost never happen), I can't eat it anymoreSeriously, spend 3 hours puking peanut butter because of some crazy e coli outbreak and you won't be able to stomach the flavor either.  Quite literally.

I do LOVE Cadbury Creme Eggs.

7. Who was your favorite cartoon character when you were a child?

I'm not really sure.  I can remember that I LOVED DuckTales and She-Ra Princess of Power...oh, and who can forget My Little Ponies?  My mom said, before I could read, I would scream, "GET THE NAME; GET THE NAME."  She or my dad would have to run into the room and tell me the name of the cartoon (ex. "Ponies on Parade") and then I would say it aloud and contemplate it as though in it was a code for world peace.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm tired.  Everything makes me tired.  And I'm tired of being tired.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I hope you have a lovely restful weekend! Naps make everything better : )

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

My daughters loved She-Ra and My Little Ponies - still do ;-)

I envy you that you can get away with going to work without foundation - I don't leave the house without it - I'm scary barefaced!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love you answer for #2. I have heard a lot of people talking about Enoch. My cell phone is always in my purse for when I leave the house.
I don't use it in my everyday life. That is so sad about the peanut butter because it is really so tasty but I am sure I would feel the same way you do if I experienced that. So nice to meet you. Enjoy the rest of you week.