Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

It's Fat Tuesday (literally and figuratively) and I have no gains or losses to give you.

Why?  Geez.  Nosy much?

Haha.  Just kidding.  I know that's the purpose of this post, and I know many of you hold on to the edge of your chairs as I share my weight loss journey with reckless abandon.

Or maybe I just gripe about shaving my legs and the pounds lost in that activity.

Clearly compelling stuff.

But I won't be sharing any gains or losses today because I forgot to weigh this morning.  If I were to guess, I'd say that I gained back some of the weight I lost last week.  I think I'm probably still down, but it frustrates me that I purposely sabotage success.

You read me right.  Purposeful sabotage.  I've been reading this book Made to Crave and it hits my weight loss journey right on the tip of the nose.

Food is an emotional comfort for me.  When I've had a bad day, when I don't understand what's going on, when I'm stressed out or nervous, I eat.  I eat food that I like. 

Of course, that's when I'm not just absent mindedly picking at food because it's there (like today in the teacher's lounge.  UGH.).

I did that this week.  I ate because I was emotional.  And who am I kidding?  I'm emotional like 5 days out of 7 if it's a good week.  Since I'm already on this journey to pray continually and work on meeting God every day, I'm trying to hand this over to Him.

It's hard.  Really hard.  I want him to just shield me from all emotional situations so I have no reason to eat all that stuff that makes me feel better.  Unfortunately, He doesn't do things like that.  But I TOTALLY think that would be the easier route.  And let's all be honest:  I'm always about the easier route.

I'm working on finding vegetables I like.  So far, I eat bell peppers a lot and I occasionally buy steam-in-the-bag butternut squash.  Let's hope I continue to love that stuff.  Oh, and my oatmeal from McDonald's.

Back on the wagon tomorrow...hoping to weigh every day since that keeps me on track.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I wish there was a "How to" for raising my daughter so she will not be an emotional eater. I really want to be able to give her the "gift" of not being a slave to food the way I am!!

His girl said...

Better luck next week. You'll do great, and if not just make friends that are heavier than you. That's my plan, I'm looking for plump friends. Ha!

Taylor said...

I like green beans. Yum!

I think I am an emotional eater, too. Sometimes, I just really feel like a large brownie with milk will solve all my problems.
It never really does.