1. April rolls in at the end of this week and in celebration of that infamous date (April 1) answer this question-what is something foolish you've done?
Foolishness follows me. It might be easier to name something I've done that didn't fall in the foolish department. But I certainly felt like a Mensa candidate when I backed into a guy at Target. Or when I walked around Target with my dress tucked in the back of my pantyhose. Or when I pantsed a kid at a party. Or when I told this boy he looked like a girl I knew.
Right. You see the pattern?
2. With April comes Easter and that classic edible treat known as Peeps...so tell me...what's your favorite way to eat/fix chicken? That's wasn't what you were expecting was it? I 'fooled' you. teehee
I'm not gonna lie here: I like it in a pot pie. I don't fix said pot pie often because, HELLO? My hips? Mostly, I end up cutting it up and using in various recipes. Today I'll be eating Greek Pitas (recipe modified but courtesy of Our Front Door).
But mostly, I don't eat a lot of chicken. I don't really eat a ton of meat. I'm fun like that.
3. What's the best museum you've ever visited? Or your favorite? Or the one you'd most like to visit?
Don't make fun: The City Museum in St. Louis. It's mostly for kids, but there was all sorts of crazy interactive stuff--and stuff to climb on! I may be 30 years old, but I still have to beat myself away from touching things I'm not supposed to. And in museums, that attribute makes the guards all jumpy. So they follow me around and then I have a miserable time.
But be honest with me--haven't you ever just wanted to run your fingers over a Monet? FEEL the brush strokes? Yeah. Me, too.
4. You know what they say about April showers....what's your preference-a bath or a shower?
In my attempt to find a way to relax, I've been taking a bath every night and reading in the tub. So far? Mild success.
5. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"-fact or fiction? Why?
You know, I had a bad experience with absence and a boyfriend. I'm gonna leave this question alone.
EXCEPT TO SAY that sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else. So I guess it's fact either way you look at it.
6. What's your favorite product made/grown in your home state/province?
What do we produce in Illinois? Corn? I like corn. Can I count that?
7. What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?
To be honest, most of it affects me because I have students who are affected by so many different aspects of the economical crisis. It worries me that there are families who have lost jobs and insurance. It concerns me that gas here has jumped $1 in six months. I'm concerned that none of my students can find jobs because adults are hanging on to their full-time employment at McDonald's.
It's worrisome all around.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Greek Pitas rock. I ate them last night. Oh, and I forgot about Wednesday Hodgepodge until this morning so my answers probably aren't all that entertaining :(